By The Apprenticeship Section of the Florida Department of Education Division of
Applications for Apprenticeship Training in the Automatic Fire
Sprinkler Pipe Fitting Trade are now being accepted!!
You may request an application by
contacting JoAnn Ray, Program Director @ 904-703-3170,
downloaded here. (Right click and select "Save Target As..")
MAIL TO: 3577 Sheldrake Drive – Jacksonville, FL. 32223
accepted throughout the year
Applicants please call 904-703-3170, or
904-268-4831. Ask for JoAnn Ray to arrange for a personal interview.
MUST MEET THE FOLLOWING CRITERIA AND PROVIDE THE REQUIRED DOCUMENTATION
APPLICATION IS SUBMITTED.
- Be at least 18 years of age.
- Provide proof of age: drivers license, birth
- Physically capable of performing required work of the
- Transportation needed.
- To receive credit for previous experience and/or
training in the trade, the applicant must verify by means of written
references of that experience or training.
Be a part of a Nationally
Recognized and Accredited Program with a Nationally Standardized Curriculum!
- Earn wages that increase every 6 months while you
attend school at night—job placement with some of the largest commercial and
industrial construction companies in the area are available to qualified
- Students are registered apprentices with the State of
Florida. You may also be eligible for VA benefits if you are a veteran.
- The program has been accredited by the industry
through the National Center and we ensure that the Program is taught by
highly trained, certified instructors, making the training and job skills
portable from state to state
- Upon successful completion of the 4-year program,
apprentices receive certificates of completion from the State of Florida
indicating Journeymen status in the trade.
- Programs include First Aid/CPR certification, OSHA
10-Hour Certification, up-to-date code information, and new technology
reviews from suppliers.
- On-the-job-training combines with classroom
instruction for a comprehensive, task oriented education.
- Upon successful completion of the 4 year program,
apprentices will be eligible to receive 24 College Credit Hrs. that may be
applied toward an A.S. Degree in Industrial Management Technology.
- Successful graduates of this 4 year program, combined
with personal skills and desire, find many doors Of advancement
opened to them. Graduates have gone on to become job foremen,
superintendents, system designers, salespersons and those so inclined,
owning their own company.
- The opportunities are many. Come check us out
Aegis Fire Protection
Bender & Modlin Fire Protection
Dolphin Fire Protection
Evans Fire Protection & Plumbing
Fire Sprinkler Services Inc.
W. W. Gay Fire & Integrated Sys. Inc
Wayne Automatic Fire Sprinklers
Wiginton Fire Systems
Industrial Education Coordinator
FLORIDA AUTOMATIC SPRINKLER TRAINING